Photographs and Typography by Jess

Red Chair - Jess Fisher
These last two weeks we have been enjoying the company of Jess who is with on a work experience placement. Emma set her a project that took advantage of her creative skills and new techniques she has been learning in the studio. Here is what Jess has to say about the project.

“My brief was to take photographs around the garden and then add some appropriate quotes on to them. I also decided to add a few illustrations on to some of the images. I added filters using Photoshop to make parts of the images stand out such as the red chair.

Red Chair (Top)
“I took this image from a low angle to make the small chair look large and powerful. I then dulled down the background to make the redness of the chair stand out more. For the illustration, I decided to draw a very small man sat on top of the chair, with a crown, as if he had conquered it. I thought the quote “nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’” fitted with image as with the size of the person, it would seem that climbing the chair was impossible.

Sky - Jess Fisher
Sky
“I took this image because the sun was shining bright and i love images of the sun high in the sky. I didn’t edit this image at all and just added the quote. I used the font, helvetica, as this is a smooth, bold font which makes the quote stand out. I chose a quote about happiness as whenever the sun comes out, everybody is instantly much more happy.

Steps - Jess Fisher
Steps
“I took this image while I was standing at the bottom of the steps, because I thought the lighting looked good where it was mostly dark, but you could see the light at the top where the sun peeks through. I drew some small people attempting to climb up the steps and help each other because I thought I would look interesting and fit with the image and the quote. I chose a quote about climbing because it worked well with the image and I chose to do the bubble around it because I couldn’t find a colour that made the text readable with all the different colours of the image.”

Jess Fisher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Branding for Cornish Fudge Company

Pickle Design T-Shirt Designs

Twitter Background for Charity Bike Ride