Ruth's Week at Pickle


Twitter Background

This week we have been pleased to have someone on work experience with us. It has been a good week and she has been a great presence in the studio. This is what she has had to say:

Hello my name is Ruth, and I have just spent a week at Pickle Design on my work experience. At the beginning of the week, Emma showed me how to use Illustrator (part of the Adobe design package), I Googled frogs, found one that I liked and traced around it.

It pretty much took me the whole day, but I was well chuffed with him when he was finished. This, I have to say, is the best programme in the world!!! I think I have used it everyday this week.


Frog Design

Anyways, I also learned how to use Photoshop (another Adobe programme), something that we have at home but I've never had the faintest idea how to use it. That's pretty cool too. I was looking through some of the Creative Reviews (the design industry magazine) and there was loads of cool typography, (my new word of the week) so I decided to do something like that on the invitation I was designing.

I found loads of fabrics that had been scanned into the computer and cut letters out on Photoshop. Again, it took me absolutely ages, but I was pleased with the end result.


Illustrator Work

Here are my highlights of the week...
1. Being able to wear my own clothes!!! It's actually quite hard to find something smart to wear everyday, but I think I did alright.
2. Answering the phone. This was one of the targets my teacher made for me when she came to visit. I actually hated her for that, but when I did it, it was fine.
3. Learning loads and loads of new things. This has to be the best thing of all. I love learning new things, but to actually learn things that interest me and are useful is great. I took product design for a GCSE, and everything I have learned this week I can transfer into my coursework.

Another achievement of this week is me getting twitter. I have no idea how to use but somehow I have managed to follow like 7 people, how, I don't know. I think I've tweeted like 5 times, and I've got a background that I designed myself...although I am considering changing it to the pig of toy story.

Overall, I have had a really good week and wish that I could spend next week here too! Everyone has been really nice and made me feel welcome. It's been really cool seeing how everyone works here at Pickle. I thought I was quite a focused person, but I started doing the same work as Emma and Marie and found myself drifting off into my own little world. All of the ideas and designs they come up with are amazing! They have completely inspired me.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Branding for Cornish Fudge Company

Pickle Design T-Shirt Designs

Twitter Background for Charity Bike Ride